INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You are under no obligation to provide any information to us. However, certain Information is essential for the use and quality of your experience using the Website and/or the Services. Information we collect may include some or all of the following:
Information You Provide
In using our Services, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
- Demographic information such as birth date or gender;
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Payment and card information (to be tokenized and used by our third party payment processing provider; never to be stored oqr used by us);
- Preferences for communications, shopping, products and services;
- Communications and opinions in chat rooms, message boards, forums, surveys, polls, and online forms, if any;
- Access to your geo-location or to other data held on social media platforms and other software;
- Photos and/or videos provided by you; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information We May Automatically Collect
Our Services may automatically collect certain Information about you. We use this Information to help us design our Services to better suit our users' needs. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Services;
- Your movement and activity within the website and Services, which is aggregated with other information;
- Geo-location information through the use of any of our applications; and
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID").
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use and process your information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with the Services, and related products and information you request;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email or text messages, and including alerts and notifications;
- For general or targeted marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To fulfill obligations and contracts we have with you;
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- Analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
- To administer our contractual relationship, including setting up any services you may request;
- Because it is in our legitimate interest to effectively and efficiently operate our business and provide you with the Services offered and other useful content and for other marketing, design, and advertising purposes;
- To process employee data, prevent against fraud, provide technology security, and other necessary operational matters;
- In order to fulfill any legal obligations, we may have to collect this Information from you; and/or
- Because you have provided your consent for us to do so.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your particular Information to identify you individually.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such conveyances of your Information.
- Information Shared with our Subsidiaries, Affiliates and Partners. We may share your Information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and partners. If you do not want us to share your Information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and partners, please email us at email@example.com.
- Online Communications (Chatrooms, Forums, Contests, Message Boards). If you correspond with us by email, questionnaires, surveys, social media, or other digital online platform, we may retain such correspondence and the Information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry. Our Services may from time to time include chat rooms, forums, and message boards that are available to you and other users. You are not required to provide any Information when using these areas, but you may choose to do so. If you post personal Information online, you agree you have no expectation of privacy concerning that Information, that it will be publicly available and that you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure the security of any Information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available Information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose Information in these areas. To request removal of your personal Information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Flash Cookies. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features or to display advertising based upon your browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Services. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf. Our Services use retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook and other ad networks. We also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
- Analytics. Analytics are tools we use, such as Google Analytics, to help provide us with information about traffic to our website and use of our Services, which Google may share with other services and websites who use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
If you would prefer to opt out of cookies, it is possible to manage them by changing the cookie settings on your device in your browser settings. Existing cookies that have already been set can be deleted from your hard drive. You can also block some or all cookies. However, you should be aware that changes you make may cause you to lose some features and functionality of our Website or Services.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We will retain your Information for as long as needed to provide you the Services, fulfill our obligations to you, or as permitted or required by law. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Information to provide you the Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted to us. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
Upon request, as set forth below and subject to certain exceptions and limitations and applicable laws, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Information and will provide you access to that Information. To the extent other state laws provide users with additional data subject rights, those rights may be honored by us following proper authentication and verification.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct Information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete Information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant. We may not accommodate a request to change Information if we believe the change would violate applicable law. To access, correct, or delete your Information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Restrict the way that we process and share your personal data;
- Transfer your personal data to a third party;
- Revoke your consent for processing of your personal data;
- Provide you with access to your personal data;
- Remove your personal data if no longer necessary for the purposes collected;
- Update your personal data so it is correct and not out of date; and/or
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
USE BY CHILDREN
Consistent with the terms and conditions of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request, collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask a parent or guardian to use our Website on your behalf. If we become aware that any person submitting information to the Website is under the age of 13, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. If, at any time, a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with Information without their consent or wishes to withdraw their consent to our use or maintenance of Information collected from their child, the parent or guardian should contact us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove such Information from our database(s). Please note that we may request proof of identity and relationship to the child before doing so.
If you are a California resident, you may submit a Data Subject Request to receive information about our data collection practices as it relates to your data. You may request information on the categories of personal information (as defined by California law) we have collected about you; the categories of data collection sources; any business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. We will clarify whether the Information was collected and disclosed or simply collected and kept internally.
You may request that we delete your personal information. Your deletion request should be submitted through a Data Subject Request. Subject to certain exceptions set out below we will, on receipt of a verifiable Data Subject Request, delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to do the same.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform an obligation between you and us;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive activity, and take all necessary and appropriate steps to mitigate current and future risk;
- debug and repair internal information technology as necessary;
- undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the Information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will not treat you differently because of your Data Subject Request activity. As a result of your Data Subject Request activity, we may not and will not deny goods or services to you, charge different rates for goods or services, provide a different level quality of goods or services, or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal information.